Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

In the tanks

Obamacare ratings continue to plummet. This is good as long as this motivates some changes for the better. Continue to spread the word. I give you a large list of links from which to do so. Even if our friends only see headlines like these, they leave people more aware of Obamacare than they would have been otherwise.

Drudge headlines last night followed by this morning's headlines (only one link shared by both lists):
POLL: 61% Disapprove Of Obamacare...
ANALYSIS: 50 to 100 million insurance cancellations coming...
Small business owner tells Congress health law 'driving me to drink'...
PAYBACK: Koch Bros. Target Dems Who Voted For It...
Plans in DC Cover Abortion, Not Hearing Aids...
Distraught Mom: Son Thinks Feds Planted 'Obamacare' Chip In His Teeth, Cameras In Dog's Eyes...
Expert: Hackers can access private info...
Concierge Perks Ease Way For Lawmakers...
DEMS RUN...
Repeal?
'Re-Market and Re-Brand'...



'TIME' RUNNING OUT...
Obama, Dems dump 'Obamacare'...
VIDEO: White House aides feared website issues before launch...
Email chain details concerns...
Website mocked by insurance company...
POLL: 93% want to see altered or repealed...
ANALYSIS: 50 to 100 million insurance cancellations coming...
Plans sold through exchanges not accepted at some prestigious NYC hospitals...
WSJ: Forced into Medicaid...
VIDEO: 'Navigator' Director Conspires to Release Private Data...
Doctors are concerned about new pay scales...


Check out the whole article on that last link. Here's a snapshot.
Many doctors are disturbed that they’ll be paid less – often a lot less – to care for the millions of patients who are projected to buy coverage through the health law’s new insurance marketplaces.
Some have complained to medical associations – including those in Texas, California, Georgia, Connecticut and New York – saying the discounted rates could lead to a two-tiered system in which fewer doctors participate, perhaps making it harder for consumers to get the care they need.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/20/209165/doctors-are-concerned-about-pay.html#storylink=cp
This change reminds me that Medicare is doing something similar under the ACA where the government will give a set amount to the hospital/clinic for a particular diagnosis, no matter if the patient has complications, a longer stay or additional treatments. The doctors and supplies involved will barely begin to be refunded under such a system. Prepare for fewer doctors to take Medicare than ever.
y

2 comments:

  1. Dear CMM,

    I am happy to find your site. I write a political blog, but lately, the changes are so radical and troubling, today I Googled for: LDS, Mormon, political conservatives - hoping to see political assessments similar to my own. When I read or see reports Mormon's are clanish and secretive - I for one say: Guilty as charged. The generic reputation of members is very positive: God, Family, Country, law abiding, responsible, plan long term. Mormons are adult Boyscouts. I want to speak my mind in an environment that knows and shares my spiritual beliefs, knows the scriptures I know, and can communicate on the present mess we face in "Mormon Speak". So CMM, if you are privy to an LDS site that contains what I listed above, please direct me.
    PS I enjoyed reading your comments and agree with most of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I'm privy to anything. I just speak my mind, being an analytical type.

      Delete