Romney, naturally for liberal media, will never get a fair shake about anything. Media continues to drive public opinion against Republicans and towards Democrats by the nature of the questions (or lack thereof) raised about either side and the nature of material reported. We've heard details of Romney's life that have no match in coverage of our current president! They're digging deep for dirt, and it's not working (see Breitbart). The same seems to be happening with Mormonism, which appears to be a renewed media target in the Obama campaign's joint fight with the liberal press against the Romney campaign.
For example, the left likes to say that Romney is playing dirty and lying about Obama, but the 'fact-checkers' they use are lying. Romney is usually right. The press is lying. And so is Obama.
Here's what you should look for in a well-research article involving any aspect of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- References to LDS sites or quotations from LDS spokespersons.
- Interviews with Church members.
- Information that is not strongly biased against Mormonism.
- Both sides of a viewpoint.
- Indication that the author made an effort to understand the Church's point of view, rather than relying solely on hearsay or antagonists of the LDS Church.