Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rush Limbaugh

I like Rush, really. I understand that he's pumped up that Newt articulated conservatism in SC, etc. I do NOT like that he's often brushing away Newt's problems with credibility and character- not to mention outlandish statements- and expressing his belief that he's more electable than other candidates. Consequently, I was extremely relieved today when he said this:

"Now, Newt keeps pushing off any questions on his anti-conservative statements.  And he better not. (....) Newt's not out of the woods here.  And Newt and his crew had better understand that he's where he is not just because of a media smackdown, not just because of debates.  He's articulating conservatism when he does this stuff, and if he stops doing that or if he waters it down or if he gets caught in an example where people can be convinced he doesn't really believe this stuff.(...)

"No, I'm not afraid.  I think this is good.  We are running against the most pathetic president we've had since Jimmy Carter.  I am not afraid.  I do not live in a world of fear.  I refuse to.  For crying out loud, it's still January.  The election's not 'til November.  The base was told this was over last November.  The establishment wanted this over, the media wanted this over last November.  They did everything they could to have this over. 

"I trust the Republican base.  That's who I trust.  I trust the Republican voters.  I'm totally confident with them.  They are the people in this audience.  Why wouldn't I trust them?  They'll figure this out.  They're not a bunch of brain-dead, mind-numbed robots.  This is how democracy works."

Amen, Rush.

And because a link currently up on Rush's website is so fascinating, I'll post it here too. You'll not regret looking at these entitlement numbers.
It's from zerohedge and the title will peak your interest:

In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment