Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jon Huntsman

Here's my problem with Jon Huntsman. He's a Mormon - at least culturally- but the things he says or does don't necessarily show it. Early in his campaign he said something to the effect that his ancestors were a mix of proselyters and saloon keepers and he draws from both sides. What the heck is that supposed to mean?! That's he's not embracing his religion? Then three of his daugters appear strapless in a Youtube segment for their father? Mormons are modest and cover their shoulders. To be a Mormon- to profess to be a disciple of Jesus Christ- is to admit your religion and live your religion. He will never get my vote. I don't trust a Mormon who doesn't live his religion. I don't think I'd have those reservations if he came out and said that he used to be a Mormon. I have no qualms about Mitt Romney. I have similar qualms about Newt Gingrich but he's said he's repented. We'll see, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment